Sunday, December 7, 2008

Think Like Stalin When Need Be

There's a reason why Nazi troops came running with their hands in the air as American troops got closer to the Eastern front. The Natzis had committed unspeakable wrongs and the Eastern Front, directed by Stalin, represented a whole new deck of unspeakable wrongs that were the direct opposite of the unfortunate ends of those who died in Nazi workcamps, Siberia. Both Stalin and Hitler were monsters. Unfortunately, the were both relatively genius when it came to war and persuasion.

I respect neither of these men, but, unfortunately, I believe it would be unwise not to learn something from Stalin, especailly when it comes to dealing with loud, bad, untolerable neighbors. Though Stalin was more of a monster than Hitler, in my mind, he was a valid and valuable friend of Britian and the US in WW2 and the way Russia waged war can stand as a general principle of waiting, of teasing, of bringing having the big mouse bring the big cat to a location where there are 100 big mice.

Russia invited the Nazi army to chase and chase them further and further into Russia. The Russian army kept loosing small battles on purpose. Thr Russians were waiting for their strongest military weapon, Winter.

I've been dealing with my asshole, downstairs neighbors the same way lately. I called the cops on them twice tonight and the second time the 911 person said the police would like a call back to talk to me.

Long story short: The cops are tire of coming up here. I am tired of calling the cops. The cops and I are on the same page for the first time in my life.

The cop I talked to said, "If there are anymore problems just call and we'll bring some cars and arrest them."

How the cops will do that legally I am not quite sure, but this state has strange laws.

Nonetheless, I feel a bit like I am playing a Stalin card. The neighbors have been somewhat loud all night. I'm waiting for the right moment. I know there will be a potential fall-out for me when I do finally call the cops. And I know I will because these people are as considerate as people who think the can raise hell on their own planet.

I'm waiting for winter. I'm waiting to use the Stalin card. I honestly hope I don't have to.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That's fucked up. Good post. Good luck.