Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Mr. Short Hair



Here's the new look, folks. Yes, the 'Lil' Beard' stays. I've got my head turned just a bit to prove that the ponytail aka "neck squirrel" is gone. Here are a couple of things I now love about having short hair:

1. Washing takes hardly any time.

2. It's dries super-duper fast opposed to long hair that dries at about half the speed of smell.

3. When it's messy it's kind of cool looking.

4. Strands of hair no longer bullwhip my eye balls when the wind blows.

5. Breeze on the back of your neck

6. Bed Head

I'm a fan of wicked Bed Head. It always makes me laugh and giggle like a school girl. Yesterday was the first day that I returned to the outside world as a Bed Head Man.

When I woke up, the hair on the left side of my head was so smushed and pressed while sleeping that I had a little Mo-Hawk going on. Did I comb it before going out in public? Fuck No. It was pretty fantastic. That little Bed Head Mo-Hawk flapped in the wind like a fragile hand waving at people as I passed.

Signs that affirm the reality that all that hair is really, really gone for good:

1. Washing it: Not matter how conscious you are you end up squirting too much shampoo in your hand due to routine. Then your hand go to wash the ponytail, but, WHAAAA? It's not there. It's almost as if your brain knew all along that the hair is gone, but your hands didn't get that memo.

2. Wet-Head: You don't have to worry about going out into the Minnesota sub-zero weather and having your hair turn to ice. You don't have to wair for hours for the hair to dry.

3. Combing instead of brushing: I have retired my brush to days of yore. The best things about this is I no longer need to brush out tangles or worry about tangles or cuss tangles while trying to un-tangle them. The worst thing about long hair is when you get a serious ball of tangled hair and you stand in front of the mirror for about fifteen minutes trying to un-do the fucker, feeling a bit like you're trying to figure out how to un-do the Gordion Knot.

4. Bed Head

2 comments:

Jess said...

Oh, it's really cute!

Jorge said...

You look older. More distinguished.