Wednesday, December 24, 2008

KC Update: Part Three

It is 6:47 p.m. and I've got just a little window of time there to zip off a blog before my brother comes home from getting "holiday food" and beer. Our buddies will arrive around 8:00 and we will have Festivus. I'm not too sure what's going to happen with the "Feat of Strength" but something is planned and I'm betting it will be pretty hick and most definitely error on the side of white trash.

We did Christmas for my immediate family at my folks place this afternoon starting at noon. At 8 o'clock this morning I was still asleep and had not yet started my Christmas shopping. No biggie. At 8:30 my brother woke me up by peeking in my room and saying, "Wakey. Wakey. Hands off your snakey." He was in his boxers and wearing a red t-shirt with no sleeves.

At 9:30 I was warming my car and preparing to go do my X-mas shopping. For my Dad I made a bird house because he loves feeding birds and doesn't have a birdhouse. It's actually a pretty cool birdhouse though, most times, nine year olds give their dad's birdhouses. At least I didn't get him a tie.

As for my neices, I had them covered because I originally thought about making jewelry but when my brother said he was online looking at toys and ordering I told him to order for me and I'd pay him pack. No problemo.

At 9:36 I was in my car, named Harry now, and off to buy some books. I had my list in my hand. This is how I roll when it comes to Christmas presents. Everybody get a present from the same place bought on the same day which is also the day they will receive it, unless they live out of town.

At 9:50 I rocked into a Barnes and Noble and walked straight up to a customer service lady with the list in my hand and said, "Can you please help me find these books?" Something in my voice must have expressed urgency because she said, "Do a little last minute Christmas shopping?" I said, "I'm giving these books to people at Noon."

No comments: