Sunday, November 23, 2008

Soundtrack for the Day

Once upon a time I worked as the man behind the bar who made your cocktails and when I wasn't doing that I was the man behind the cutting table or grill preparing food for your mouth to say, "that's pretty good." My friends served your meals to you, though no cook of any kind thinks of a server as a friend. Either which way, the point of this post is that, at the time, my friends were making song playlists of their days. I thought this was dumb, the most uncool of uncool, and, most of all, too much information.

Six years later, I now realize that I was very afraid of what people thought of me and I still fear that. We all want to be liked despite our quirks. That's something we all have to deal with telling the world. And I guess I'll start with my personal soundtrack as I can put it together now.

Please consider this an apology to the people in my life of whom I considered myself too cool for a sound track to my days.

8:00 ---Johnny Cash "Understand Your Man"
9:00----The Killers "When You Were Young"
10:00---The Spinners "Rubberband Man"
11:00---Aretha Franklin "I Say a Little Prayer for You"\
12:00---Crash Test Dummies " Mmmm..Mmmm.Mmmm..."
1:00---Craig Morgan "International Harvester"
2:00---Gwen Stephani "Sweet Escape"
3:00--Outkast "The Whole Wide World"
4:00---The Strokes 'Reptillia"
5:00---"The Cranberries "Linger"
6:00--Mariah Carey "Shake it Off"
7:00---Ottis Redding "These Arms of Mine"
8;00---Rolling Stones "Goodbye, Ruby Tuesday"
9:00--Bob Dylan "Like a Rolling Stone"
10:00---Jeff Buckley "Last Goodbye"
11:00---Iron and Wine "Naked as We Came"

2 comments:

Diana said...

Did you have to, did you have to, did you have to pull my finger?

Mr. Friend Boy said...

Yes, I did. I had to pull your finger.