Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Music Videos Before Bed

Though I should be getting my ass to bed in lue of the big Turkey Day tomorrow, I'm doing what I normally do when I'm just not in the mood to go to sleep quite yet, watching music videos and listening to songs on YouTube. Honestly, I'm a little too pumped up for feasting and a little too excited (probably to an unhealthy, egotistical, degree) about this pumpkin cheesecake I made because, if I can say so (which means I definitely will) the cheesecake doesn't have a single crack in it. Having said that, I will probably wake up to find that the cheesecake has sunk-in and some mysterious cracks have formed a swastika in the center, so I will need to immediately cover it in whipped cream so there is no mistake that this Thanksgiving is a Hilter-based celebration.
Pumpkin cheesecake aside, let's get back to YouTube tunes and videos.

I've got a lot of guilty pleasure music videos. You know, the ones you watch over and over and sometimes you watch them because you truly love their artistic qualites, sometimes you watch them because of their complete lack there of. Most times you watch these movies because there's something luring you in, something tapping on the shoulder of your quirks, something that compells you to get up, shake ass, and sing out loud in the middle of the night. Of my guilty pleasures: Nelly's "Dillemma" and Cyndi Lauper's "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun." What can I say? I have no real explanation though given enough time to bull-fart out a bullshit answer I might be able to come up with some kind of explanation other than asking "Why wouldn't these be guilty pleasures?"

"Save A Horse [Ride A Cowboy]" is my new guilty pleasure song, but, even more so, guilty pleasure video. I'm pretty sure this video is evidence of the fact a god exists. At this very moment, this video has been viewed 365,340 times. I have watched this video 365, 337 times. The other three viewers were Jesus Christ, Allah, and Bhudda.

Once I figure out how to post a damn video on this blog, I will post this video so you can validate the following argument that this video has everything a guy would like. Now, I don't think this video would get played at a feminist slumber party, but, what can say, it trips my trigger.

Before I continue, let me view this video once more just so I can relish a bit more.

Okay...I watched the video three times. I confess. And I'm not sorry. This video is so obnoxiously beautiful it is profound. First off, there's a midget. Instant cool points. Second, naughty secretary chicas sporting garters and tights. Sweet. There's a fucking marching band of banjos. Need I say more? Plus there's the blonde haired guy wearing the top hat wielding a strange umbrella who reminds me of the mad hatter. If I could be in the video, I'd want that job.

I'm listening to the song at this very moment with the video on a different browser. I'm sorry, but I'll have to continue this post later. I'm getting sucked in, again. I'll post this for you all once I figure out how to do that. Here are some lyrics to marinate in your brains until then:

"Her evaluation of my cowboy reputation
had me beggin' for salvation all night long.
So I took her out giggin' frogs,
introduced her to my old bird dog,
And sang her every Willie Nelson song
I could think of,
and we made love."

DANG!

No comments: